Mthatha Stadium update
3 January 2016
There is substantial work being done to repair and upgrade our home venue, the Mthatha Stadium.
The R10 million breakdown is as follows:
- Fix irrigation sprinklers, field manure and marking paint for pitch maintenance.
- Fix vandalised ticket boots and turnstiles
- Fix vandalised public toilets all toilets now are in working order.
- All four change rooms have been re painted as PSL was complaining with the peeling paint.
- VOC operation centres are now available
- Work in progress is the development of the VIP section and media boots.
Still to be done is the new tunnel and fencing. Closing of leaks on the grand stand also.
Once that work is complete in January and accounted for an additional R220 million will be made available for second phase. We will keep you posted as we get the news.